Sunday, February 7, 2010

Frying Pan Theories

An old friend sent me a lovely message a few days ago. She had recently read my blog and informed me that she, too, had dreams about death on a regular basis and determined that it wasn't really a surprise if she was watching a show like 6FU. She also mentioned this:


"Also, I've been thinking about the death when the woman kills her husband with the frying pan and *I* think that she sat down and ate *her* breakfast after she kills him instead of sitting down and eating *his* breakfast. Because I was watching it the other day and it struck me that the chick was only making one serving of everything, that she wasn't making a place setting for herself. Frankly, I think that's more awesome."

SO right you are! Thanks R, for pointing that out to me. My thought had always been that she was making his breakfast because she had already eaten something herself earlier on in the morning and that she made the same thing for him every morning and was finally just sick of hearing his obnoxious nasal voice. But I like your theory better. I assumed she had hit him on a whim because she suddenly realized she couldn't take it anymore, but there's no way she 'suddenly' realized this. Obviously she's been sick of him for years and decided that morning that she was making her breakfast, and only hers.

On another note, the idea of her eating his breakfast as a final nail in the coffin (so to speak), well, I kind of like too.

No comments:

Post a Comment